Our home is a place where we should feel safe and secure which is why it gets all more important to keep it clean and hygienic. However, keeping it clean all the time can be sometimes challenging as we don’t have all the time for cleaning. Whether it is a simple task of organizing a wardrobe or a complex task like carpet cleaning, it is a daunting task if you are busy all the time. There are few tips using which you can keep your home healthy and clean. So, allocate every day a little time to prevent the spread of germs in your home. This is especially true if there are small kids in your home who are prone to allergies and illnesses.
How to keep your house clean and free from germs?
Disease-causing germs live on different objects that we use at home. Apart from keeping all the focus on cleaning the dirt, you should also pay extra attention to the items that you touch daily. Here are a few house cleaning tips that are not time-consuming and are effective too.
- Remember to sanitize doorknobs, faucets, light switches, computer keyboards, refrigerator handles, handsets, and remote controls as these items are touched many times in a day. You can sanitize them using disinfecting wipes every couple of days.
- If you have kids, you should remember to clean their toys using bleach and water. Soft toys should be cleaned using the dryer.
- The kitchen is the place where you cook, so you should be extra careful while cleaning it. It is home to many bacteria and there are spots that you need to clean on a regular basis as those spots are the places where germs thrive most of the time. You should clean the sink and faucets using a disinfectant spray. Sponges need to be sanitized in the dishwasher. You need to disinfect the sink and drain of the kitchen from time to time using bleach and water solution.
- Your bedroom also needs a thorough cleaning on a regular interval as your bedside table and the floor can be a breeding ground for germs. To eliminate dust mites, wash your bedding with hot water weekly. Using liquid soap or a disinfectant solution, you should mop the floor of your home.
- A dirty carpet can cause many types of allergies so you should also spend a little time cleaning your carpet. Vacuum clean the carpets and floors while also cleaning bookshelves and counters. Using wet mopping, remove dust from the floors at least once a week.
The above-given house cleaning tips are effective in not only keeping your home clean but are also not very time-consuming. Also, some of the items in your home are more prone to dirt and need expert handling. Don’t delay in hiring a professional cleaner for deep and nice cleaning of your home in such a case.